ZEOvit Reefer's Best Coral Reef Salt

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Jan 29, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

ZEOvit Reefer's Best Coral Reef Salt says it uses only the highest quality chemicals following the German and European pharmacy dispensary standards and used in Zeovit's own aquariums.
    <br />
    [​IMG]
    ZEOvit Reefer's Best Coral Reef Salt

Highlights:

* Provides all elements necessary for the corals.
    * Distinctive well-being of all tank inhabitants after water change.
    * Balanced addition of consumed elements.
    * Recommended in any tank system.
    * Meets highest demands.

More info:
    Reefer's Best Coral Reef Salt - 20 KG Box (approx 47 lbs): Premium Aquatics

2. Click Here!

3. MDeth

MDeth Feather Star

Anybody know about how many lbs a typical bucket of salt is? I still cant figure out if its more expensive than i wanna spend :p

4. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

Matt,

do they give a 3reef discount? I'm looking for new salt but that's just too much $$ for 47#...

5. Dador

Dador Coral Banded Shrimp

I'm having trouble finding this salt. How much is it?

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

You missed the link I put at the bottom of the post. It's about a $100 for 47 pounds or enough for 150 gallons of saltwater.

As they are not a sponsor, no discounts.

Indeed this salt is twice as much as others, since it is new I posted it in the radar board to see if anyone has experience with it or has seen any write-ups that go into details on it.

GENERAL-3reef-RADAR NOTE:

New products are posted in the 3reef radar in hopes of finding out more about the products. If you have information about the product, please post it here as the information will benefit all 3reef members.

Posts like 'wow that is so expensive' do not benefit anybody or add to the thread. Please refrain from doing so. If you have a general observation about the product in question that could add to the discussion of the product, that is welcome however.

7. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

WOW that is expensive, I wonder if its any good?

8. Click Here!

9. BaxterS80

BaxterS80 Pajama Cardinal

I think much of the price comes from the fact that it is European. All a manufactuer has to do is add the word Eurpean to its description and they can add 50% or more to their price .Don't get me wrong, when it comes to certain things, such as clothes, I prefer European, but the prices are always maginified based on that fact, shipping, and that the US dollar is not worth the paper it is printed on in Europe. I cannot speak to the quality of a product I have not used or tested this is just an observation based on the price alone.

10. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Well Call me a fool but I picked up a bucket last week. I've been waiting for this salt to hit the Canadian market for some time. As soon as I finish my bucket of tropic marin I'll be on to RBS. Unlike most salts RB does not have higher levels than NSW. meaning the ALK, CA and Mg levels are in-line with NSW. I'm not knocking other salts. If I was not on Zeovit I'd be looking for salts with elevated ALK, CA levels. Also RBS has correct levels of Potassium. Something most Zeovit users are maintaining in their systems at about 380ppm. The K dosing chemicals called K-balance are very expensive and are required to be dosed twice a day. Getting salt with correct levels with reduce the need for me to add additional chemical components.

J

11. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Awesome. Look forward to your observations J.

12. PocoLoco

PocoLoco Plankton

Jason, how are you liking the new RBS salt? Do you mind telling me where you got it? I am looking for a source where I can avoid high shipping costs (via driving to the store....)

I live in the Seattle area. :)