The WavePoint LED HID Shell Game

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Nov 3, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

A year back or so I was pretty excited about the WavePoint 35 watt HID spot lights. They were sexy, small and put out big PAR numbers. Well they are finally available via Doctors Foster and Smith. Pictured in the most recent catalog are the silver ones I described. If those are indeed what are available and you happen to like those, you might want to pick them up before they run out. As the WavePoint HIDs are morphing into some kind of black nightmare truffle shown below. Now I understand they did this to separate the driver from the lamp a bit and provide better cooling, but still ... just look at it. Anyway, they are not tossing out the old silver shells. They are now packing those with LEDs and will be available in the next couple months.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The new WavePoint LED Spot

Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  2. Click Here!

3. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

That is one ugly lamp, man! I'm very biased with wavepoint products as you may know. I have their 4x54w t5 and hate it with all my guts. Only good thing is the reflectors!

- Mag for Magnesium?
    NO!!! Mag for....

- Magnus!