Reef Angel spreads wings with relay expansion module

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Dec 12, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Big news for Reef Angel fans - the first aquarium open-source controller just released a relay expansion module so you can double the amount of sockets you can control from 8 to 16. The original 8 socket hardware limitation nagged some so it is good to see this module address it.

[​IMG]

Even so, being open source, amazing things have been developed for this controller - just take a look at what crank2211 released on 3reef over the summer. With the Reef Angel module and the soon to be released hub (next month) that will let you chain up to 8 of these modules for a mind-numbing 72 sockets - the sky is truly the limit!

This module is available now for around $100. - On sale now for $89!
    Relay Expansion Module - Reef Angel Controller

More on 3reef:
    http://www.3reef.com/forums/3reef-radar/reef-angel-open-source-controller-89481.html
    http://www.3reef.com/forums/filters-pumps-etc/pic-intense-reefangel-controller-review-92931.html
    http://www.3reef.com/forums/general-reef-topics/beta-release-demo-reefangel-client-suite-93810.html

Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  2. Click Here!

3. jonjonwells

jonjonwells Great Blue Whale

Geesh.... Literally 2 hours too late. I just bought a Neptune Systems unit due to this.

4. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard

About 4 days late for me...same here. Just got a RKL Friday.

5. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I don't get to say this to often - this new product is already on sale - now just $89!

7. ComputerJohn

ComputerJohn Panda Puffer

It's about time!!! Great I can now order my controller.. :)

8. Click Here!

9. darrick001

darrick001 Plankton

I'm looking at picking one up but I want it to control my calcium reactor as well. I have been unable to find any info on reading PH under 7. Can this controler have 2 PH probes? Can it be set to read PH under 7? My goal is to run auto topoff water through my calcium reactor and then through my kalk reactor to raise the PH. If topoff water is not needed then it would circulate tank water through the reactors. This would save on CO2