Red Sea Overhauls Test Kits

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Oct 7, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Here is a close-up on the new Red Sea test kits coming out next month. Red Sea did a much-needed overhaul on all of their kits - the plastic has been replaced by analytical grade glass vials. A single hand, high precision Titrator is included and a high resolution colorimetric comparator for the phoshpate and nitrate kits. These upgrades are extended to their Iodine, Potassium and Iron Pro kits as well. Red Sea is claiming much better accuracy with these upgrades. Check out the numbers below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Foundation test kits include Calcium, Alkalinity & Magnesium as individual tests and the Reef Foundation Pro kit which combines the 3 individual tests in one convenient to use kit. All of the foundation kits include analytical grade glass vials and an easy to use, single hand, high precision Titrator.

[​IMG]

Algae Management Test Kits

Red Sea’s Nitrate & Phosphate Pro Test Kits with an easy to use colorimetric comparator, provide the high resolution required for complete control of algae nutrient levels. The Algae Control kit combines the two individual tests in one convenient to use kit.

[​IMG]

Reef Colors Test Kits

[​IMG]

Iodine Pro Test Kit – 60 high resolution colorimetric tests with an accuracy of 0.03 ppm for the precise dosing of Reef Colors A supplement

Potassium Pro Test Kit – 40 high resolution titration tests with an accuracy of 3 ppm for the precise dosing of Reef Colors B supplement

Reef Colors Test kit (I,K,Fe) combines 3 individual tests in one convenient to use kit for the precise dosing of Reef Colors A, B & C supplements

[​IMG]

Red Sea Web site:
    http://www.redseafish.com

More on their new supplements soon...

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

Hmmm, considering I almost like their test kits now, this could be just the little edge they need...

Maybe we finally have a decent competitor for Salifert?

4. ComputerJohn

ComputerJohn Panda Puffer

We'll see, looks like they spent a lot of money on the packaging.... I still like my Elos test kits..

5. WhiskyTango

WhiskyTango Eyelash Blennie

It's about time Red Sea, well done. My first test kits were the older Red Sea Master kits, and I had a hard time pinpointing colors with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

those look pretty sweet

7. Nor_Cal_Guy

Nor_Cal_Guy Gigas Clam

And Elos doesn't? Looks like Elos spends more on the box to me?

As far as packaging goes, API spends the least....

8. Click Here!

9. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

My main interest would be if they have improved the performance ALK/DKH test kit
    I have used Red Sea Calcium Pro, Magnesium Pro , Phosphate and Nitrate test kits - the older version and found them to be very good ( had Tropic Marin Calc/ Mag combined and Salifert Phosphate kits at same time so I was able to do real time comparrisons and the Red Sea kits where fine IMO

But the Alk pro was a problem in that I could not get a useful result from it!

I would be interested in hearing from anyone who uses these kits as to how the ALK test kit performs now

Steve

10. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

Such a nice package will probably also come with a nice price tag. I'm almost at the point where I need to buy most of the test kits I use. I'll wait for some comments on these and the price will definitely play a great part on my decision. So far, Salifert has been accessible and accurate IMO.

The salt, I will most likely invest in when it hits the shelves. The test kits will definitely depend on the price tag.

- Mag.

11. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

+1 to Steve, the alk pro kit used to be garbage.

12. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

the magnesium kit looks like the same kit with fancy packaging