New Nano Wavebox Destined to Make Big Waves

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Oct 22, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

The new Tunze Nano Wavebox 6208 has this nano guy pretty excited. It has many improvements over its retired predecessor, the Tunze 6206. The Wavebox housing is new and more attractive with the polish you expect from Tunze. And although just a bit larger at 4.3" x 3.5" x 10", it holds a bigger pump that addresses the mixed reviews of the original Nano Wavebox. Now a nanostream 6055 sits inside kicking out up to 1450 gph at 18 watts. Best of all, thanks to production refinements, the new Wavebox is even cheaper with an MSRP of $332. For those balking at the price of two Vortechs, the Tunze Nano WaveBox will look very attractive. In stores this November.

[​IMG]
    The New Tunze Nano Wavebox is dwarfed by Tunze magnets.

[​IMG]

More:
    TUNZE GmbH High-Tech Aquarium Technology: Produktdetails

2. Click Here!

3. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

Yeah... Pretty much awesome. Great price point

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I think so too. If I didn't have a big return ramp (neo nano) in the middle of my back wall I would seriously consider this.

5. Electrobes

Electrobes Plankton

I know little about waveboxes, but this isn't a powerhead replacement, per se, is it?

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Are you asking if this would replace your powerheads that are in your tank now? If so, it a lot of cases, it certainly could.

7. Electrobes

Electrobes Plankton

Well funny enough I have two Vortech MP10's.. and both are having issues after only one and two years old. It's been irritating, to say the least, and am curious about other options.

8. Click Here!

9. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

This is a solid option.