ad-button
3reef Reef Aquarium Forum

3reef Reef Aquarium Forum (http://www.3reef.com/forums/)
-   3reef Radar (http://www.3reef.com/forums/3reef-radar/)
-   -   New Flipper Cleaner Does It All (http://www.3reef.com/forums/3reef-radar/new-flipper-cleaner-does-all-128179.html)

Matt Rogers 01-10-2012 08:11 AM

New Flipper Cleaner Does It All

The Flipper Cleaner algae scraper looks very promising and should easily flip into a lot of our aquariums at the end of the month when it goes for sale. First of all it works on glass up to 1/2" thick, comes with a stainless steel blade that slays coraline as shown in the video and also a serrated plastic blade for acrylic tanks. One side is a soft cleaning pad for daily maintenance and a flip of the handle gives you the blade side. It always sinks upright so you can retrieve it easily. Very nice at an intro price of $19.99. The Flipper is available January 30th.

Flipper Web site:
Flipper Cleaner | Flipper Cleaner. The best aquarium cleaner on the market.

Thatgrimguy 01-10-2012 08:15 AM

EEeewww... aahhhhhh

Looks like Mag-Float is finally going to be gone from my tank!

nyvw 01-10-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thatgrimguy (Post 1271402)
EEeewww... aahhhhhh

Looks like Mag-Float is finally going to be gone from my tank!

x2! :o

Reef4life 01-10-2012 08:42 AM

About time!!! Cant wait :)

pgoodsell 01-10-2012 08:49 AM

Looks good, but how do they keep the blade from rusting if it stays in the tank? My razor blades dont even stay in the tank and rust up on me in a week.

Matt Rogers 01-10-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgoodsell (Post 1271414)
Looks good, but how do they keep the blade from rusting if it stays in the tank? My razor blades dont even stay in the tank and rust up on me in a week.

You can take the blade off or swap it out if it goes bad:

coylee_17 01-10-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgoodsell (Post 1271414)

If the blade stays underwater it takes much longer to rust. It's not until we remove it from the tank and expose it to the air that the O2 can get at it and oxidize it. Just like treasure under the ocean, its fine until we go to bring it up, then we quickly need to preserve it to keep it from deteriorating. ;)

Gresham 01-10-2012 12:08 PM

How is this any different then the mag-Flip that came out a few years ago? Seems like a rather big knock off on someone else's product :(

Products - Mag-Flip

mikejrice 01-10-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gresham (Post 1271508)
How is this any different then the mag-Flip that came out a few years ago? Seems like a rather big knock off on someone else's product :(

Products - Mag-Flip

That was my first thought. Other than the metal blade, it looks nearly identical.

Michael Rice
Marine Engineers Aquarium Blog
Sent from Tapatalk so excuse my poor English

bwalker9801 01-10-2012 12:39 PM

I thought it was a mag flip too, I use a tiger shark from bulkreefsupply because I have such thick glass, a little expensive but the magnets are ridiculously strong and you can change the pads out.