A look at Vitrea LED Aquarium Lamps

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Nov 10, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Getting a demonstration of Vitrea LED aquarium lamps recently, it was apparent Vitrea can rival MAXSPECT and even the Tiaojiou LED lamps for a myriad of bells and whistles offered. With a Vitrea, one has control of kelvin temps, PAR, moonlight color temp and even set as a percentage of daytime light, regulation of the color of dawn and dusk light and more via a slick controller. It even has presets for freshwater or saltwater. And if that gets the gotta-have-it fever going, take note as the Italian-made Vitrea embraces ISO and din standards in manufacturing and uses thick extra-clear glass. The glass is the center piece here and really adds to the overall polished look. Specs and more below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Personal Observations:

Oddly for a fixture refined in so many ways with high-quality components, I noted wires bundled on the outside the lamp. Perhaps this was a demo work-in-progress model, but you can see what I am talking about above. A minor quibble as most people will never see that from most perspectives around the aquarium, but odd all the same. That said, I liked the no-fan aspect of these lamps and of the models I saw I like the 'Back' model with the single mount the most over the 'Bridge' model with mounts on both sides. And, of course, I was a big fan of the thick glass lens and the feature-packed controller.

Without a PAR meter and much info on the actual LEDs themselves (more soon), I was left with my own eyes for judgement. In that regard, the Vitreas did not disappoint.

Vitrea Website:
    http://www.vitrea-usa.com

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Very interesting

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Aye - be sure to check out the attached PDFs in 1st post for a lot of details...

EDIT - PDFs fixed. :)

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  5. unclejed

unclejed Whip-Lash Squid

Thanks Matt for the review. The PDFs are great. I went to the site and unless I'm missing something I didn't see any prices.

6. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

very stylish fixture IMO
    The PDFs are interesting also , the colour temp combos you can choose between
    should appeal to those that like to experiment with overall aesthetics of tank
    in addition to those that might want to change for colour up or growth variations with SPS

The irony of the picture with the finger touching, just above the Do not touch label
    was amusing also

Steve

7. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

I liked that too.

I haven't read the pdfs yet, but I really don't want to know the price tag on these boys. They are very sleek and stylish.

8. Click Here!

9. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Now attached along with some info on amount of LEDs per fixture.

Attached Files:

10. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

Holy crap, that lighting fixture would cost me $4,800 for my 75.

11. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

12. unclejed

unclejed Whip-Lash Squid

Thanks Matt.