ad-button

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2011, 01:34 AM
KingFish

Skin: Mint
Matt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond repute

supporter 
3reefer 
contributor 
protector 
3link 
gallery
Thumbs up Getting Twisted with Bashsea Skimmers

If anyone is going to bring back downdraft skimmers it is Steve Bashi of Bashsea Mastered Aquatic Designs in Michigan. Just look at his hand-built 6"x24" 'Twisted' model. Not only is it innovative with 'twisted' diffusers in the injector for maximum air/water contact time and efficiency - it is crazily over-built like old American cars. This skimmer will literally crush the competition. This is a theme with all of Steve's products, they are innovative and built to last. Steve loves this hobby and it shows in all of his products. Pics, specs and more from the Bashsea product line below.

http://www.3reef.com/images/misc/bashsea_twisted_skimmer.jpg

http://www.3reef.com/images/misc/bashsea_twisted_skimmer1.jpg

Bashsea TWISTED 6" x 24" Beckett Skimmer
MSRP: $379.99

Chamber Diameter: 6"
Overall Height: 24"
Recommended Pump: Mag Drive 9.5 or Equivalent (950 GPH)

Max Tank Size (Heavy Bio Load): 100 Gallon
^^ THIS HAS TO BE CONSERVATIVE I THINK ^^
  • 100% American Acrylic
  • CNC Precision Fabrication
  • True O-ring Sealed Flanges
  • Patent Pending Ultra-Efficient Injection System
  • Designed by a hobbyist at heart for the hobbyist
  • Custom sizes and or modifications available

Pictured was a 'Hot Rod Series' Twisted Bashsea Skimmer:

In the Bashsea Hot Rod Series we present you with a supercharged version of our standard products. Set yourself apart with a Hot Rod Series Filter complete with hand painted flames. Extreme hobbyists use extreme filters!!!

Standard colors - red flames, blue flames
High quality clear coated automotive paint
Hand painted by custom hotrod artist Greg Pennington
Products available - Twisted Skimmer, Bio-Reactor, and No-Trate
Available in any custom color upon request
JUST PLAIN BAD ASS !

----

BashSea Blu Demon Needle Wheel Skimmers

http://www.3reef.com/images/misc/bashsea_bludemon_skimmer.jpg

Bashsea's Blu Demon skimmers run on Sicce PSK pumps are seriously impressive as well. I am still thinking about them weeks after MACNA. At first glance you would not catch it, but the water output on the Blu Demon skimmers is forced into the blue base where it travels over to the cylinder containing the gate valve. Then it goes up and into an inner sleeve and out some small holes near the bottom where it then exits the skimmer. Steve told me the valve cylinder took him 17 versions before he felt he got it right. Why the effort? So you don't get any bubbles in your tank! In fact, you won't even see bubble in your sump. I saw it myself. It's nuts. I want one. Seriously.

http://www.3reef.com/images/misc/bashsea_bludemon_skimmer1.jpg

http://www.3reef.com/images/misc/bashsea_bludemon_skimmer2.jpg

----

NO-TRATE Denitrator 8"x12" by Bashsea

Remember denitrator coils? BashSea has that covered with serious yardage.

http://www.3reef.com/images/misc/bashsea_notrate_coil.jpg

Price: $269.99
Weight: 10.00 lbs

The Bashsea No-Trate is an all natural Nitrate removal system. In the No-trate oxygen rich water flows through the small diameter tubing were aerobic bacteria colonize the inner walls and remove the oxygen from the water. The oxygen free water then enters the center chamber were anaerobic bacteria colonize a perfect mixture of bio-media.

100% Natural Process
No dangerous chemicals needed
Does not alter Ph
Maintenance free when pre-filtered
Utilizes highly porous calcium carbonate bio-media
Precision CNC Key Hole Flanges
True O-Ring Seals
Designed and hand built in the U.S.A. using 100% American Made Acrylic
Recommended flow rate 1-6 GPH
Uses " hose barb fittings

----

Bashsea Bio-Reactor 8"x24"

Price: $449.99

http://www.3reef.com/images/misc/bashsea_bioreactor.jpg

I stared at Bashsea's Bio-Reactor a lot. This is the ultimate wet/dry with zero maintenance utilizing 'moving-bed' technology. It will not clog as the media is rotated vigorously and the bacteria is constantly regenerating from the scraping. If you have a tank full of Sweet Lips or Groupers, this is your filter.

http://www.3reef.com/images/misc/bashsea_bioreactor1.jpg

http://www.3reef.com/images/misc/bashsea_woodcraft_media.jpg

The Bashsea Bio-Reactor was designed to be the ultimate biological filter. Bashsea is the first company to manufacture a biological filter utilizing Moving Bed Technology for the marine aquarium. The Bashsea Bio Media provides the maximum active surface area for the bacteria to colonize, more than other types of static media. It is this process that removes harmful ammonia and nitrite from the water. As the Bio-Media moves within the filter, it causes old dead bacteria on the surface to be removed. This makes space for new heavier feeding bacteria to rapidly colonize. Within the media is a protected surface which allow bacteria to follow their natural life cycle driving the latter stages of the nitrification cycle.

Includes Bio Media

100% self cleaning bio media- ZERO MAINTENANCE REQUIRED
Bashsea engineered water injection plate provides perfect Bio-Motion
Rubber Membrane Air Diffuser will never clog or need to be replaced
Precision CNC Key Hole Flanges
True O-Ring Seals
Included gate valve for precise water level control
Designed and hand built in the U.S.A. using 100% American Made Acrylic
All Bio-Reactors are fully customizable in any size and configuration

---

Bashsea has it all - high quality, hand-built aquarium products that are innovative at great prices. My hat is off to Steve Bashi who is showing it how it is done right.

matt

BashSea Web site:
Home
(Hi-Res pics and more)

An online BashSea Vendor:
Bashsea Protein Skimmers

Last edited by Matt Rogers; 10-03-2011 at 11:03 AM. Reason: closing tag
Matt Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!
Old 10-03-2011, 09:59 AM   #2
Kole Tang

Skin: Classic
norg. has a reputation beyond reputenorg. has a reputation beyond reputenorg. has a reputation beyond reputenorg. has a reputation beyond reputenorg. has a reputation beyond reputenorg. has a reputation beyond reputenorg. has a reputation beyond reputenorg. has a reputation beyond reputenorg. has a reputation beyond reputenorg. has a reputation beyond reputenorg. has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

Bashsea skimmers seem to be the "Cadillac" of skimmers. That bio-reactor is beyond impressive as well. Very cool.
norg. is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 10-03-2011, 11:00 AM   #3
Bangghai Cardinal

Ashevillian has a reputation beyond reputeAshevillian has a reputation beyond reputeAshevillian has a reputation beyond reputeAshevillian has a reputation beyond reputeAshevillian has a reputation beyond reputeAshevillian has a reputation beyond reputeAshevillian has a reputation beyond reputeAshevillian has a reputation beyond reputeAshevillian has a reputation beyond reputeAshevillian has a reputation beyond reputeAshevillian has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

Now if they will only make one for nano tanks!
Ashevillian is online now   Reply With Quote Top
Old 10-03-2011, 04:43 PM   #4
Flamingo Tongue

reefwerks has a reputation beyond reputereefwerks has a reputation beyond reputereefwerks has a reputation beyond reputereefwerks has a reputation beyond reputereefwerks has a reputation beyond reputereefwerks has a reputation beyond reputereefwerks has a reputation beyond reputereefwerks has a reputation beyond reputereefwerks has a reputation beyond reputereefwerks has a reputation beyond reputereefwerks has a reputation beyond repute

protector 

gallery

As being a proud retailer for Steve and his products, I cant say I have ever come across a better built and better performing skimmer and Bio-Fuge. His stuff cannot be truly appreciated until you get your hands on it. Steve has put together a industry bar raising package and he backs it all up with amazing customer service and support.

Awesome work Steve...

These units do not stay in stock past 24 hours, and now you know why!!!
reefwerks is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 10-03-2011, 04:49 PM   #5
Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

antole has a reputation beyond reputeantole has a reputation beyond reputeantole has a reputation beyond reputeantole has a reputation beyond reputeantole has a reputation beyond reputeantole has a reputation beyond reputeantole has a reputation beyond reputeantole has a reputation beyond reputeantole has a reputation beyond reputeantole has a reputation beyond reputeantole has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

That skimmer looks mean. I know whats on my christmas list. Not a bad price either.
antole is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 10-03-2011, 04:50 PM   #6
Flying Squid

thepanfish has a reputation beyond reputethepanfish has a reputation beyond reputethepanfish has a reputation beyond reputethepanfish has a reputation beyond reputethepanfish has a reputation beyond reputethepanfish has a reputation beyond reputethepanfish has a reputation beyond reputethepanfish has a reputation beyond reputethepanfish has a reputation beyond reputethepanfish has a reputation beyond reputethepanfish has a reputation beyond repute

contributor 

gallery

Steve rocks! The amount of detail on that Blu-Demon, you have to stare at it for a bit before you notice it all. His stuff is top notch, looks money for sure.
By the way, there are multiple sizes of TWISTED skimmer, and the one you have pictured is the HOT-ROD series, which is custom painted and more expensive than the normal TWISTED.
thepanfish is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 10-03-2011, 07:27 PM   #7
Snowflake Eel

DBOSHIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeDBOSHIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeDBOSHIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeDBOSHIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeDBOSHIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeDBOSHIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeDBOSHIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeDBOSHIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeDBOSHIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeDBOSHIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeDBOSHIBBY has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

i love my bashsea biofuge! very well built products from steve and all american made. his shop is about a half mile away from my house lol ive been there before and its quite a sight. skimmers and sumps all over the place.
DBOSHIBBY is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 10-03-2011, 07:57 PM   #8
Flamingo Tongue

reefwerks has a reputation beyond reputereefwerks has a reputation beyond reputereefwerks has a reputation beyond reputereefwerks has a reputation beyond reputereefwerks has a reputation beyond reputereefwerks has a reputation beyond reputereefwerks has a reputation beyond reputereefwerks has a reputation beyond reputereefwerks has a reputation beyond reputereefwerks has a reputation beyond reputereefwerks has a reputation beyond repute

protector 

gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBOSHIBBY View Post
i love my bashsea biofuge! very well built products from steve and all american made. his shop is about a half mile away from my house lol ive been there before and its quite a sight. skimmers and sumps all over the place.

Im jealous!
I plan to get there this year!
reefwerks is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 10-04-2011, 01:04 PM   #9
KingFish

Matt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond repute

supporter 
3reefer 
contributor 
protector 
3link 
gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by norg. View Post
Bashsea skimmers seem to be the "Cadillac" of skimmers. That bio-reactor is beyond impressive as well. Very cool.
Indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashevillian View Post
Now if they will only make one for nano tanks!
That would fantastic. Great idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwerks View Post
As being a proud retailer for Steve and his products, I cant say I have ever come across a better built and better performing skimmer and Bio-Fuge. His stuff cannot be truly appreciated until you get your hands on it. Steve has put together a industry bar raising package and he backs it all up with amazing customer service and support.

Awesome work Steve...

These units do not stay in stock past 24 hours, and now you know why!!!
Nice to hear Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antole View Post
That skimmer looks mean. I know whats on my christmas list. Not a bad price either.
My list too when my Bubble Magus dies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepanfish View Post
By the way, there are multiple sizes of TWISTED skimmer, and the one you have pictured is the HOT-ROD series, which is custom painted and more expensive than the normal TWISTED.
Aye. I mentioned that in the 1st post.

matt
Matt Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 10-04-2011, 01:08 PM   #10
Horrid Stonefish

leighton1245 has a reputation beyond reputeleighton1245 has a reputation beyond reputeleighton1245 has a reputation beyond reputeleighton1245 has a reputation beyond reputeleighton1245 has a reputation beyond reputeleighton1245 has a reputation beyond reputeleighton1245 has a reputation beyond reputeleighton1245 has a reputation beyond reputeleighton1245 has a reputation beyond reputeleighton1245 has a reputation beyond reputeleighton1245 has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

I cant find a price for the none twisted versions? the R&D history is pretty amazing.
leighton1245 is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!

Tags
bashsea, beckett, coil denitrator, macna, sicce, skimmer