Ecoxotic's EcoPico: The ultimate stocking stuffer!

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Dec 10, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

The new EcoPico from Ecoxotic is one sleek pico coming down chimneys around Christmas time. Before I go into details here, I want to formally welcome Ecoxotic to 3reef as one of our latest sponsors and mention that one of you lucky 3reefers will be winning one of these very soon right here at 3reef.(Details soon) That said, the EcoPico comes complete with a 5.1 gallon rimless, beveled glass aquarium and an equally beautiful 8 watt LED fixture with 12k white and 460nm actinic blue LEDS. There is also a filter and a 80gph pump for nice turnover rate. All that for an MSRP around $100! More details and pics below. Welcome to 3reef Ecoxotic!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EcoPico

Simplicity All In One

We’ve all wanted an aquarium, but the same thoughts cross our minds – they are a chore to clean, they don’t match the décor and everything looks cheap. We went back to basics - emphasizing minimalism and simplicity. The result is an elegant glass cube that’s truly inspirational, simple to set up and maintain.

The EcoPico - a whole new aquarium lifestyle where everything is surprisingly simple.

The EcoPico looks great from any seat in the house, thanks to what it’s missing. No plastic frame, no bulky filter and no rain gutter shaped light. Redesigned down to the essential elements, this rimless aquarium system will turn any aquascape into a piece of art.

Essential to the simple design is the ultra-thin LED lighting arm. It’s sleek and lean, yet produces stunning color and brilliant shimmer. A blend of blue and white LEDs cast the perfect color spectrum while using minimal energy. Best of all, there's no lamps to replace, no mercury going into landfills and the LEDs do not promote unsightly algae, making maintenance a breeze.

We’ve all wanted an aquarium, but the same thoughts cross our minds – they are a chore to clean, they don’t match the décor and everything looks cheap. We went back to basics - emphasizing minimalism and simplicity. The result is an elegant glass cube that’s truly inspirational, simple to set up and maintain.

The EcoPico - a whole new aquarium lifestyle where everything is surprisingly simple.

The EcoPico looks great from any seat in the house, thanks to what it’s missing. No plastic frame, no bulky filter and no rain gutter shaped light. Redesigned down to the essential elements, this rimless aquarium system will turn any aquascape into a piece of art.

Essential to the simple design is the ultra-thin LED lighting arm. It’s sleek and lean, yet produces stunning color and brilliant shimmer. A blend of blue and white LEDs cast the perfect color spectrum while using minimal energy. Best of all, there's no lamps to replace, no mercury going into landfills and the LEDs do not promote unsightly algae, making maintenance a breeze.

Benefits
    # Modern, artistic design
    # Simple set up & maintenance
    # Energy efficient – costs less than $0.35/month to operate
    # Expandable, LED lighting
    # Lighting does not promote algae growth
    # Safe/low voltage

In The Box
    # EcoPico Glass Aquarium
    # Glass Top w/mounting clips
    # Aquarium filter & pump
    # Nano-Arm LED Light

Environment
    # Energy efficient – consumers only x watts (that’s only $0.35/month!)
    # No lamp replacement – LED’s last up to 50,000 hrs.
    # No mercury
    # Aluminum Light – highly recyclable

Specifications
    * Tank dimensions: 10” x 10” x 12”
    * Tank volume: 5.1 gallons
    * Light spectrum: 12K White & 460nm Actinic Blue
    * Total watts: 8 watts
    * Pump flowrate: 80 gph/300lph

Read more: EcoPico Desktop Aquarium

2. Click Here!

3. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

This little pico is freakin awesome! I'm going to get one for my wifes clothing store. She's been buggin me to put a tank in there and I was looking at the Fluval Edge but this blows that away!

4. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

Welcome to 3reef.

That is an awesome pico. I will buy one.

5. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

the fluval edge is pretty but is also a pain to clean. i have one its sitting in my garage right now.

this tank looks awesome. and easy to care for.

6. yamaharider73

yamaharider73 Kole Tang

Welcome Ecoxotic.....Very cool tank.

7. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Sweet pico tank. Very sleek looking.

Would this be a good starter tank? One of my friends wants to join the hobby, but does not have much money to set up a tank...He just wants soft corals.

8. Click Here!

9. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

That's a sharp looking tank!!!!

I would think a larger nanocube would be easier for a newbie to learn on but that's just my opinion.

10. ReefDaily

ReefDaily Skunk Shrimp

It's ok... I mean the photos are definitely photoshopped so I am curious to know what its actually going to look like with the filter.

11. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

SWeet looking tank, welcome to 3reef Ecoxotic.

12. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

Now that looks pretty awesome but the cardinals will obviously grow too big XD but thats not the point awesome looking tank nonetheless!