ad-button

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2009, 11:01 AM
KingFish

Skin: Mint
Matt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond repute

supporter 
3reefer 
contributor 
protector 
3link 
gallery
Thumbs up Welcome new 3reef mods - Steve Wright and ReefSparky!

This summer has been a busy one for 3reef and I am not sure what I would have done without the current moderators.. big thanks to Jason, Annick, Casey and Curtis! I would have stroked out by now without your help.

We recently tossed around the idea of enlisting more help and we came to a consensus rather easily. So without further adieu, please help me welcome new 3reef moderators... steve wright and ReefSparky!

These two have already been a great help around here and there is little doubt they will continue to do so. I am really happy to have them here on 3reef.

Here is a little dirt...er.. bio from each :

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefSparky
In 1987 I purchased my first 55, which carried me for 20 years with a FOWLR setup. When I decided to go reef, it was directly attributable to 3reef. I was fluent with the internet, and knew that rather than reading books--asking questions to hundreds of folks in my captive audience--would be the way. I was right. Everything I learned about reefkeeping was through 3reef. The rest, as they say so often--is history.

Still working on becoming fluent at the cause and effect of our tanks. Doesn't seem like that's gonna happen tomorrow.

Other interests of mine include reading and playing guitar. As my avatar suggests, Bob Dylan is my single biggest influence, second to the Stones, The Beatles and a few others.

I also love the DIY aspect of the hobby.

I made this stand:

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd46/lbmcse/diy-aquarium-stand.jpg

Here's the Wet/Dry filter I converted to a sump with an inline filter:

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd46/lbmcse/DSCF1552.jpg

Here's the guitar I play, a Martin D-15. It's a mahogany top dreadnought, a work of art!

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd46/lbmcse/d15.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve wright
Was asked to write a brief introduction to myself so that members of our 3 reef community can get to know me better
my name is Steve Wright, I am 44 years young, married for 9 years ( second attempt )
we have 2 sons Alan who is 7.5 and Raymond who is 18 months old
I was born in Brighton, Sussex on the south coast of England .
I currently live and work in the Peoples Republic of China and have done so since 1998

I have been involved in the aquarium hobby since I was 16 years old
Going through the natural progression from coldwater to tropical, from tropical community to species (Discuss) and then on to salt water fish and finally to corals and reef set ups
I don’t consider myself to be an expert in any aspect of the hobby, but do consider myself as having a general understanding of our hobby and I enjoy communicating with people about this shared interest / addiction
I currently have 4 tanks set up
A 5ft reef tank
A 4ft FOWLR
A 4ft freshwater with a trio of blue Discuss (hopefully soon to be just 2 Discuss)
A 30 inch tank with 2 land hermit crabs ( Alan’s pets)
I have a total of 6 years experience in reef tanks – 5 of which where in UK from 92 – 97
I was a victim of that devastating weapon that destroys people but leaves buildings in tact
(Yes a divorce)
it took a few years (mainly due to availability of equipement ) but in 2007 I was once again able to consider and then set up a salt water tank in China, intending to do FOWLR
but like many before and many after, the FOWLR tank succumbed to the lure of corals
did I mention yet, that I have a sense of humor? Im sure some of you are already aware of this
some valuable points about me, that you may appreciate knowing
• I appreciate advice
• I like to be informed of my mistakes so I can learn from them
• I enjoy participating and talking to people about our shared interest
• Anyone who has ever sent me a PM , will know, I am approachable and I do enjoy interacting with my fellow 3 reefers.

BIG HANDS FOR BOTH! ALRIGHT! WELCOME ABOARD!

matt
Matt Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!
Old 08-18-2009, 11:10 AM   #2
Blue Ringed Angel

Crimson Ghost has a reputation beyond reputeCrimson Ghost has a reputation beyond reputeCrimson Ghost has a reputation beyond reputeCrimson Ghost has a reputation beyond reputeCrimson Ghost has a reputation beyond reputeCrimson Ghost has a reputation beyond reputeCrimson Ghost has a reputation beyond reputeCrimson Ghost has a reputation beyond reputeCrimson Ghost has a reputation beyond reputeCrimson Ghost has a reputation beyond reputeCrimson Ghost has a reputation beyond repute

3reefer 

gallery

Hey cool - good for you two...I promise not to cause (too much) trouble ! lol
Crimson Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 08-18-2009, 11:12 AM   #3
JJK
Teardrop Maxima Clam

JJK has a reputation beyond reputeJJK has a reputation beyond reputeJJK has a reputation beyond reputeJJK has a reputation beyond reputeJJK has a reputation beyond reputeJJK has a reputation beyond reputeJJK has a reputation beyond reputeJJK has a reputation beyond reputeJJK has a reputation beyond reputeJJK has a reputation beyond reputeJJK has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

Congratulations Steve and Reefsparky!
JJK is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 08-18-2009, 11:12 AM   #4
Zoanthid

Skin: Classic
swagger87 has a reputation beyond reputeswagger87 has a reputation beyond reputeswagger87 has a reputation beyond reputeswagger87 has a reputation beyond reputeswagger87 has a reputation beyond reputeswagger87 has a reputation beyond reputeswagger87 has a reputation beyond reputeswagger87 has a reputation beyond reputeswagger87 has a reputation beyond reputeswagger87 has a reputation beyond reputeswagger87 has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

WOOHOO!!! Congrats ReefSparky and Steve Wright!!!
swagger87 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 08-18-2009, 11:12 AM   #5
Giant Squid

divott has a reputation beyond reputedivott has a reputation beyond reputedivott has a reputation beyond reputedivott has a reputation beyond reputedivott has a reputation beyond reputedivott has a reputation beyond reputedivott has a reputation beyond reputedivott has a reputation beyond reputedivott has a reputation beyond reputedivott has a reputation beyond reputedivott has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

you couldnt have chosen 2 finer fellows matt. both are knowledgable, helpful , and python fans. lol. you will get no "arguments" from me over the selections. cheers sparky and steve

lupins for everyone.
divott is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 08-18-2009, 11:23 AM   #6
Sailfin Tang

iLLwiLL has a reputation beyond reputeiLLwiLL has a reputation beyond reputeiLLwiLL has a reputation beyond reputeiLLwiLL has a reputation beyond reputeiLLwiLL has a reputation beyond reputeiLLwiLL has a reputation beyond reputeiLLwiLL has a reputation beyond reputeiLLwiLL has a reputation beyond reputeiLLwiLL has a reputation beyond reputeiLLwiLL has a reputation beyond reputeiLLwiLL has a reputation beyond repute

3link 
gallery

were doomed . . .

hehe, J/k, grats guys!

~Will.
iLLwiLL is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 08-18-2009, 11:27 AM   #7
Giant Squid

inwall75 has a reputation beyond reputeinwall75 has a reputation beyond reputeinwall75 has a reputation beyond reputeinwall75 has a reputation beyond reputeinwall75 has a reputation beyond reputeinwall75 has a reputation beyond reputeinwall75 has a reputation beyond reputeinwall75 has a reputation beyond reputeinwall75 has a reputation beyond reputeinwall75 has a reputation beyond reputeinwall75 has a reputation beyond repute

supporter 
3reefer 
contributor 
protector 

gallery

Congrats guys!!!!
inwall75 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 08-18-2009, 11:38 AM   #8
Giant Squid

GuitarMan89 has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarMan89 has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarMan89 has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarMan89 has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarMan89 has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarMan89 has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarMan89 has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarMan89 has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarMan89 has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarMan89 has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarMan89 has a reputation beyond repute

3reefer 
contributor 

gallery

Congratulations each of you, you have both been a great help to me as I have progressed in this hobby.
GuitarMan89 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 08-18-2009, 12:04 PM   #9
Giant Squid

Peredhil has a reputation beyond reputePeredhil has a reputation beyond reputePeredhil has a reputation beyond reputePeredhil has a reputation beyond reputePeredhil has a reputation beyond reputePeredhil has a reputation beyond reputePeredhil has a reputation beyond reputePeredhil has a reputation beyond reputePeredhil has a reputation beyond reputePeredhil has a reputation beyond reputePeredhil has a reputation beyond repute

3reefer 
3link 
gallery

excellent choices! congrats.
Peredhil is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 08-18-2009, 01:06 PM   #10
Bubble Tip Anemone

dpruitt7450 has a reputation beyond reputedpruitt7450 has a reputation beyond reputedpruitt7450 has a reputation beyond reputedpruitt7450 has a reputation beyond reputedpruitt7450 has a reputation beyond reputedpruitt7450 has a reputation beyond reputedpruitt7450 has a reputation beyond reputedpruitt7450 has a reputation beyond reputedpruitt7450 has a reputation beyond reputedpruitt7450 has a reputation beyond reputedpruitt7450 has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

good job guys
dpruitt7450 is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!

Tags
3reef